6 research findings about MOOCs
July 10, 2014
Recent articles about research on MOOCs suggest the following:
- Less likely to finish: students who are isolated, poor, or enamored of the university offering the course.
- Coaching MOOC students to have a healthier mindset about learning may not be helpful.
- With with the right incentives, MOOCs can help prepare at-risk students for college.
- MOOC discussion forums are beneficial to the few students who use them.
- The jury is still out on whether MOOCs help underprivileged learners become upwardly mobile.
- Labeling those who fail to complete “dropouts” misses key distinctions and does not acknowledge student goals.
Get the details at Wired Campus: