Linking PowerPoint to Street View
I was walking a faculty member through this PowerPoint technique and thought I’d document it. Let me know if you find this useful.
- Put an image of a place on a slide in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Open a browser and locate the place in Google Maps
- Drop the little orange street view guy where the place is on the map.
- After adjusting the location and finding the best angle, click the link icon and copy the URL.
- Go back to PowerPoint and select the image
- Insert a hyperlink, and paste the URL from Google Maps.
Here’s an example, saved as a PowerPoint show (you won’t be able to edit it). When viewing a slide, you can click the image to open a browser window that shows the Google street view. If you wish, click the full screen button in the upper right corner of the image.