Moving assessments between courses
As the new semester approaches, many of my colleagues at Notre Dame are tidying up course sites they have created in Concourse, our version of Blackboard Vista. Some folks start with a copy of a previous semester’s course, while others decide to start over with a clean slate. This morning I was asked if one can copy an assessment from one course to another. The answer is “yes” — here’s how:
- Log into the course that has the original assessment
- Under the Build tab open the Assessments tool
- Next to the name of the item you want to copy, click the small “ActionLinks” icon and choose “Export” from the menu.
- Click “My Files” as the location to save the exported file
- Enter a filename next to “Save as:” and click OK
- Go to “My Concourse” and select the course to which you want to copy the item
- On the Build tab’s Instructor Tools menu click Manage Course
- Click “Import” and select the exported assessment file under “My Files”, then click OK
- Look under Assessments to verify that the item has been imported.