Six ways to make Concourse pretty
Concourse* is not the best tool if you want to seriously customize the look of your course website. If total control is a high priority, you should probably consider other website options. That being said, there are at least six ways to put a personal stamp on a Concourse page. (the first three items below link to earlier blog posts)
- Use custom icons
- Pick a new color scheme 0r create your own
- Customize the menus – hide items and make the orientation vertical or horizontal.
- Choose a different icon set – under the Build tab, click “Manage Course,” then “Course Content Icons.” Now click “Select new Content Icon Set” and make a choice.
- Adjust the page layout or background – under the Build tab click the Page Options button and choose “Customize Page Display” to reveal three options:
- Layout – number of icons in a row, alignment, text display
- Background image (this can make a page hard to read)
- Background color
- Edit the Header or footer – choose to edit either of them under Page Options and then …
- Our Concourse Tips and Tricks page.
- University of Alberta – handout on creating a homepage
- UNC-Charlotte – adding a header
*Concourse is Notre Dame’s flavor of Blackboard Vista