Concourse learning modules
One tool has yet to be discovered by many users of Concourse (Blackboard Vista at Notre Dame) — the learning module. It provides a way to organize and deliver different kinds of content in a single module, and the table of contents can give students quick access to lots of items at a glance. A learning module can also be a package of content that you export* and import between courses.
1. Log in to your course and go to the build tab
2. Click “Add content link” and select Learning Module
3. Click “Create Learning Module,” enter a title and click “Save”
- From the build tab click the icon for the learning module
- To add a document, click “Add File” (image, PDF, web page with embedded content, etc.)
- For anything else, click “Add Content Link” (web link, discussion, quiz, assignment, etc.
After you create the module, there are a number of ways you can organize the content:
- Move items up and down the list
- Indent or outdent items
- Add headers (Chapter 1, Civil War, Boyle’s Law, etc.)
A learning module tool can be very useful in a content-heavy course. It also facilitates transferring groups of items* from course to course or semester to semester. And if you are distracted by icons, this is the tool for you – no icons need apply. Finally, the customizable “Action Menu Links” provide options to print, take notes and more.
* Only files, assessments, and headings can be exported – not web links, assignments, or discussions.